Does CARVD Work? – TMJ Problems & Round Head... No Thank You!
CARVD is a New Jawzrsize Copy Available on Amazon... Is it Worth the Money?
Table of Contents
|💪 Does Carvd Build the Jaw Muscles?|
🏃🏽♂️ Does Carvd Slim Your Face?
🤩 Does Carvd Remove Wrinkles?
🌸 Which Carvd Claims are True?
⛔️ Why Carvd is Dangerous
|✅ 3 Healthy Carvd Alternatives|
We all want a chiseled jawline, hollow cheeks and a more angular face. But probably not enough to get cosmetic surgery. That's why tools like Carvd were created – a cheaper, natural way to improve your appearance.
I'm a proponent of the main idea behind Carvd: "you workout every other muscle in your body, so why not your face"? The idea that you can improve your appearance by building your jaw muscles is new to the mainstream, but Bodybuilders have been doing it for decades.
I agree that some of the things Carvd claim to be possible, are actually possible. But I don't think the device actually achieves them. Let's go into more detail 👇
Carvd jaw exerciser tools (photo from Carvd Amazon listing)
Does Carvd Build Your Jaw Muscles?
To some extent... yes. Carvd will workout your masseter aka your "jawline muscles".
But it works out another muscle much more – the temporalis. And that's the main issue I have with the effectiveness (more issues with health below) of Carvd.
The temporalis is a big round muscle on the side of your head. A larger temporalis (believe me, it can really grow) makes your head rounder. Which also detracts from the visual illusion of a wider jaw.
In this sense, Carvd doesn't improve your jawline and appearance... it actually makes it worse. You can definitely feel the tension and soreness in your face when, and after, using it. BUT just because something hurts, doesn't mean it's a good workout.
A diagram showing the main chewing muscles. The Masseter muscle is also known as the "jawline muscle"
Does Carvd Slim Your Face?
It does the opposite. It bulks up your head. I explained above that Carvd heavily stimulates the temporalis muscle – which makes your head wider at the top. That's the opposite of slim.
Even with the lesser stimulation of the masseter muscles... you're building muscle. You're adding bulk to your face – not slimming. Losing weight is what results in a slimmer face.
The "spot training" that Carvd claims to do isn't possible. You can't choose where to burn fat from your face by working out your face. If you run a marathon, your body will decide where to take the fat from, it won't melt fat off your legs just because that's what you were running with.
Building muscle and slimming are different things. Even with all the best jawline exerciser equipment, you may not be able to see your results if there's a layer of far on top of it.
Does Carvd Remove Wrinkles and Tighten Skin?
You can't tighten skin and fix collapsed collagen by exercising the muscles underneath. Besides, Carvd doesn't stimulate the eyebrow or forehead muscles or and areas that result in facial wrinkles for people under 65 years old.
It could prevent wrinkles around your jaw area and sagging cheeks... but those don't come until you're really old. It seems a little premature to be worrying about those in your 20s, 30s or 40s.
Which Carvd Claims Are TRUE?
✅ TRUE ✅
❌ FALSE ❌
- 🌝 A Chiseled, Defined Jawline – it leads to a found face because stimulates and grows the temporalis muscle WAY too much. This can have a severely negative effect on your facial aesthetics by widening the top half of your head- particularly above your ears
- ☣️ Safe, Risk-Free Workout – it's actually terribly harmful for the jaw joint. the Carvd device is too large and the jaw was not designed to apply high levels of force when it is so far open. Here I come TMJ, jaw joint arthritis, stiffness and clicking!
- 👷♂️ Made from Safe Materials – they don't say what it's made of... which is usually a bad sign. Don't put anything in your mouth that isn't made from food-grade silicon and has not been tested.
- 🌠 It's Lasts – it actually break annoying quickly. The moulds that your teeth bite down into break quite quickly. Your incisor teeth are made for piercing after all. You either pay to replace them... or you continue using it without them and place even higher pressure on your front teeth
- 😻 Slims Your Face – you can't spot-reduce. That means you can decide where you lose weight from, your body does it for you. Even if chewing Carvd burned significant calories, which is doesn't, those calories would not be pulled from fat tissue in the face. It doesn't work that way.
- 🦷 Safe for Your Teeth – Ugh, just go read all the negative Trustpilot reviews. This device applies all the pressure to your front incisor teeth. These teeth are made for piercing and tearing, NOT for grinding and applying high force like the molar teeth are. I'm surprised their aren't more stories of people damaging their teeth with Carvd
Why Carvd is Dangerous
Carvd is an Incisor-Based type of jaw trainer.... the bad type. The entire list of Top 10 Worst Jawline Exercisers is composed of incisor-based trainers. Jawzrsize was the inventor of this category when they released their first model in 2016. Carvd is a copy-cat that can onto the market in the last few years.
Since then, the Molar-Based type of jaw trainer has been invented. It is a much healthier and more effective option.
Carvd is an incisor-based tool (left). Molar-based tools (right) and more effective and safe
📐 Jaw Joint & Muscles
The degree of stress on the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) depends on how wide the mouth open and closes during exercise. Wide ranges of motion cause the TMJ to dislocate and re-adjust. This isn't the worse thing by itself, but add the constant load from Carvd... then it's dangerous and causes significant wear on the bone or cushioning cartilage in the joint. Jaw pain, cracking, arthritis and tension headaches are some of the potential side-effects.
There's more than a slight risk that Carvd may cause teeth and jaw alignment issues, as well as a range of TMJ disorders; arthritis, bruxism, cracking, popping, tension headaches and pain.
The incisor teeth were naturally designed for piercing and tearing. They are not suited for the high, repeated pressure of Carvd. In the worst case this can lead to chipped, crooked, or broken teeth.
When force is applied at unnatural angles on the teeth, it can act as unintentional orthodontics. If this force is repeatedly applied, it can result in shifting of the teeth or changes in the bite position. End result is TMJ disorders and alignment issues.
3 Healthy Carvd Alternatives
(Use These Instead!)
- 🥇 STEEL – Jawliners: these are the best molar-based jawline exercisers available today. They are both safe and effective. Start with the Beginner and move up to higher resistances as your jaw and face gets stronger.
- 🥈 STEEL – Mastic Gum: this is 10x harder than regular chewing gum. It's a 100% natural tree sap harvested on the Greek island of Chios. It's a convenient way to train your masseter muscles while you are working, driving, studying or doing anything for that matter.
- 🥉 STEEL – Jawline Gum: a mint flavored gum that has been created to be 15x harder than regular chewing gum. It's cheaper than mastic gum but loses its taste faster and doesn't come with the same health benefits.
READ MORE: the 5 best carvd alternatives
🏁 SUMMARY 🏁
As popular as Carvd is on Amazon... it's not great. There's far more effective jawline equipment available that won't cause long-term damage to your teeth and jaw joint.
The company makes too many claims in an attempt to reader a wider audience and market. No, this one rubber device cannot simultaneously build muscle in your face, whilst slimming your face, removing wrinkles, and curing your diseases.
If for some reason you really must use an incisor-based jawline trainer - get the Jawzrsize Pop 'N 'Go instead. It's a lower (safer) resistance level than most others.
🍀 GOOD LUCK 🍀
P.S still want to know more? I wrote (and filmed) a stupidly long and thorough breakdown of the Carvd product and company👇