Falim Gum Review – What Every Mewing Beginner Ought to Know
It's One of the Mewing Community's Favorite Chewing Gums... Find Out if it Lives Up to the Hype
Table of Contents
Falim gum is a Turkish gum that has been around for many decades. But it's only in the last 5 years that it has become popular internationally.
Why? Partly because Mondelez, the massive conglomerate that own Falim, started selling it on Amazon and internationally. But also because it's significantly harder than Wrigley's or any other regular gum...
Falim gum got picked up in the mewing wave. It's been talked about as a great way to tone and define the face because of its extra resistance.
Thousands, perhaps even millions, of young men and women are becoming interested in improving their jawline, and there's multiple jawline exercisers and formulas that can be used.
Google Trends chart of searches for "Falim Gum"
The increased interest in using chewing gum as a way to enhance your jawline is NOT new. BodyBuilders have been doing it for at least 60 years - read how gum works.
But there's still skeptics who don't believe chewing gum will do anything to improve your appearance.
We'll get into the details of whether Falim is an effective jawline exerciser later. Let's start this Falim Gum review and see if it's right for you👇
Falim chewing gum comes in large boxes with many smaller packets
How to Use Falim Gum
Whether you're chewing Falim Gum, Mastic Gum or Jawline Gum... the method is the same.
Every jaw exerciser or jawline chewing gum purpose, it to build your masseter muscle on the side of your jaw. Chewing hard foods and gums has been proven (here's a study) to grow your masseter.
But it doesn't grow the same way your chest grows. The masseter is more like your forearms and calves. It needs regular and HEAVY stress to grow. It's so used to chewing everyday – yet you don't have big, strong jaw muscles.
It's used to soft foods that are part of most people's everyday diet. That's where Falim Gum comes in: it's harder than most foods and you can chew it consistently for hours.
3 Steps on How To Chew Falim Gum
1. 🦷 Chew Using All Teeth – your incisors, canines and pre-molars and molars. This will ensure you workout all parts of your masseter muscle. However, you should mainly focus on chewing with your back molar teeth. This will build the most mass and result in the fastest growth
2. 😛 Chew on Both Sides – you want to build muscle on both sides to ensure a symmetrical face. You may have to consciously think about how you are chewing to check if you're isolating one part of the muscle or one side of your face
3. 😴 Stretch & Rest – give your muscle time to recover and grow. Your jaw is going to get sore and tight. Stretch between workout to relieve tension using these jaw stretches
Falim Gum Chewing Workouts
Falim isn't hard enough to see changes with 10 minutes of chewing every other day. You've really got to dedicate hours to it every day.
Following the 3 steps above, chew Falim Gum according to your status below:
- 40 mins chewing a day
- Take a day off once a week
- Continue for 3 weeks
- 1.5 hours chewing a day.
- Take a day off once a week
- Continue for 2 months
- 3 hours chewing a day.
- Take a day off once a week
- Continue until desired results
Falim Gum Variants & Flavors
Unfortunately, the first box of Falim Gum I bought tasted like cigarettes! There was nothing wrong with it. It wasn't old, they use some harsh compounds that ensure that – more on that later. And it wasn't damaged. Just disgusting.
They have different taste-buds and preferences over in Turkey it seems. So you'll have to be picky about which flavor you get. Here's the flavors available on Amazon:
- 🍃 Mint
- 🍉 Watermelon
- 🫐 Forrest Fruits
- 🧄 Clove Scented
- 🥗 Fruit Mix
- 🍓 Strawberry
- 🍞 Normal
- 🛁 Carbonated Mint
- 🍏 Carbonated Green Apple
- 🍇 Orman Fruity
From what I hear, the mint-flavored one is the safest option.
I bought the normal/regular flavor. It has a gold/yellow/bronze color on the packaging and doesn't say anywhere what flavor it is. I actually think they base it off mastic gum, but it tastes nothing like it.
I haven't tried all the other flavors. But the ones that I did try lost their flavor quickly and ended up with an unpleasant rubbery taste. Which is unfortunate, because you need to chew mastic gum hours at a time to get results.
Don't buy this Falim Gum flavor! It was the first one I bought... and it tasted like cigarettes!
Falim Gum Packaging
This part is pretty cool: the word "Falim" translates to "My Fortune" in Turkish.
Falim Gum is like the Turkish version of a Chinese fortune cookie because the wrapper for each piece of gum has a short message printed on it.
But it's in Turkish of course haha. So you'll have to use Google Translate to find out what it means.
This is the mesage from my first piece of Falim Gum. It says: "Her dress is very tasteful. She is quite knowledgeable. She found what she was looking for in you. She obviously loves you." 🤷🏽♂️
Does Falim Gum Work?
Falim is a cult-favorite in the mewing community – along with mastic gum. They like it because it works. It's hard enough to provide sufficient resistance to cause hypertrophy in the main muscle of the jaw – the masseter. And it's cheap.
READ MORE: does falim gum work? Avoid if you're worried about these things
It is by no means the best chewing gum for your jawline... but it's at least in the top 5. It's rubbery, consistent texture makes it very easy to chew on for hours at a time... but its taste makes that hard.
I have personally seen people use Falim to not only grow their jaw muscles, but also tone the area under their neck in a few months. Had they used mastic or jawline gum instead, they would likely have seen the same results much faster.
Falim Gum Jawline Transformations
These transformation photos are always hard to judge. Lighting and angles play a big role in exaggerated the differences between images.
And even if you account for that, most proper transformations are just a result of weight loss.
I found lots of Reddit threads and discussions on Falim Gum. None of the people were paid by Mondelez to say anything or promote the gum.
I genuinely believe that Falim provides enough resistance to build the masseter muscles and tone the face.
A Falim Gum transformation photo from a Reddit thread
SEE MORE: I collected some Falim Gum results photos I found in forums and put them all in one place 👇
Falim Gum Before and After Photos
Falim Gum's Toxic Ingredients
The ingredient list of Falim Gum (taken from Amazon) include:
- Gum Base
- Coloring (E171)
- Titanium Dioxide
- Antioxidants (E321 Butyl Hydroxytoluene, E320 Butyl Hydroxyanisole)
Ingredients list on the back of a Falim Gum pack
The 2 synthetic antioxidants (BHA, BHT) are used to prevent the gum going rancid and to keep its white color. These chemicals are suspected of being highly toxic for the liver, kidneys and retina as well as elevating cholesterol levels.
The other questionable ingredient is Titanium dioxide, which can be found in various products ranging from food & drugs, cosmetics, and paint.
It is only dangerous if inhaled, and is also commonly used in the food industry for white coloring.
The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) has listed it as a Group 2B carcinogen which translates to – an agent that may be carcinogenic but lacks sufficient animal & human research.
But the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) categorizes Titanium Dioxide in the generally recognized as a safe category.
Casual chewers will receive these chemicals in small doses. However if you're chewing regularly to build you jaw muscles, you should consider your increased exposure to these substances.
Quite a few buyers on Amazon regret their purchase after learning about its ingredient list:
"Full of titanium dioxide, BHA and BHT. Gross."
"Found out after I bought it that it has very unhealthy ingredients. Threw it in the trash."
"Product contains BHT and BHA."
"Horrible... feels like chewing plastic and chemicals... almost no flavor. And you can't return it. Sellers return policy doesn't allow for returns."
Is Falim Gum Dangerous For Your Jaw & Teeth?
Chewing and grinding food is exactly what our molar teeth are made for. Nobody ever had any problems from just chewing gum.
Problems can arise when you start chewing gum for hours at a time – like you have to do with Falim gum. Excessively long chewing workouts will create a lot of tension in your masseter, potentially resulting in cramps.
But you should be fine as long as you stretch your jaw and face after each marathon chewing workout.
Falim is a tough gum, but not so tough that it will move or chip your teeth. Just don't chew it is you have any existing dental damage or have braces.
Incisor-based jaw exercisers like Jawzrsize are the dangerous ones. For your jaw joint and your teeth. Avoid this type of tool, stretch regularly, and take at least 1 day off a week. Do those 3 things and you'll minimize any risk of injury or harm.
Where to Buy Falim Gum?
If your country has Amazon – it's easy to get your hands on. They have all their different models and products on Amazon, so it's probably most convenient to buy it from there.
In Europe, and possible the US, you can find Falim gum is small Arabic convenience stores. It's a bit hit or miss, but sometimes you'll find it in the most random stores.
Anyway, it's available from many stores online. So it's best to just google "buy falim gum" and visit whatever websites appear first.
Falim Gum Pricing
It's normally so cheap you don't even have to think about it. I bought 100 pieces for $8 from Amazon in Sweden. And often it's much cheaper than that in other countries.
Falim gum is by far the cheapest of all the common jawline chewing gums.
What Do Customers Say About Falim Gum?
I'll focus on negative reviews and shortcomings of the product. Because I think that a great, safe product and pleasant customer service is what you should expect when you buy something. I assume that as the default.
✅ POSITIVE REVIEWS
- "I never thought I would chew like 90 pieces of gum in under a month, (I shared a few)! I love love love love this gum. I craved it so bad the 3 days I waited for my second order and it was torture lol. My mouth literally waters just at the thought of it. It leaves your mouth feeling soooo clean no matter what you've eaten or what nasty tang you may have in your mouth. It instantly cleanses the pallet. Honestly I sleep with it and noticed I don't have morning breath anymore. Love this product."
- "I read a book that described the health benefits of chewing something tough. Apparently it strengthens bones in the jaw and face. But I wanted to avoid sugar and artificial sweeteners. I tried the plain version of this gum and found that it tasted kind of nasty, so I tried the mint flavor and I like it much better. It is refreshing and the texture Is a little bit denser than regular gum, so it gives the jaw a good workout."
- "If you are chewing gum to strengthen your jaw and build bone density and mass, then you need a firm gum like this that isn't full of sugar. Go read James Nestor's book "Breath" and you will see how important it is to chew things that are dense for at least an hour or two every day. I chew this while walking the dog and its perfect to get that jaw workout!"
❌ NEGATIVE REVIEWS
"I purchased this before I realized that it has BHT and BHA in it. Those are harmful artificial preservatives which have been banned by many countries.
I’m sad because I chewed a piece before I did my research... and it tasted good and gave my jaw a good workout. Now I have to throw the rest away."
- "I knew this would be virtually flavorless and I was ok with that. I do zero sugars or artificial sweeteners but miss gum, so I was hoping this would work for me. I don’t know how the reviews can all be so good. This was beyond awful! If you peeled some silicone grout out of your shower and chewed on it, it would probably be better than this gum!"
- "The Absolute worst gum i have EVER had. there is NO flavor. Do NOT RECOMMEND."
You can still fake Amazon reviews, but it's not as easy. Amazon has gotten a lot better at removing fraudulent reviews in recent years, so I think you can basically trust them.
The average Amazon product has a rating of 4.4 stars. Falim gum variations average around 4.3. The reviews are quite mixed.
The Falim Gum Amazon rating is 4.3 out of 5
A company's Trustpilot rating is their true rating. Because a Trustpilot rating can't be faked or manipulated – by anyone, no matter how much you pay.
I don't know how they do it... but their algorithms and systems make it impossible to mislead future customers.
Falim Gum doesn't have any presence on Trustpilot. So we can't get a truthful picture of their products and service.
Pros & Cons
- 🤑 It's Cheap – you can get a pack of 20 pieces for around $4. That's probably the cheapest jaw exerciser you'll find.
- 🍬 Lots of Flavors – Because it's made in a factory, there are dozens of artificial flavors. If you don't like the taste of one, just try another!
- 🏪 Easily Available – if you live in Turkey, Falim gum is in every supermarket, gas station or even every store. For everyone else, it's not hard to find on Amazon.
- 🫐 Not Much Harder Than Regular Gum – it's still a better workout than regular gum... but not by much. It could be a good place to start for beginners before moving on to a harder gum.
- 🏭 It's Artificial – this is the worst thing because most chewing gums are artificial. In fact, you probably haven't even tried a natural gum before have you?
- ☣️ It's Slightly Toxic – Falim contains 2 synthetic antioxidants; E321 and Butyl hyrdoxytoluene. They're used to prevent the gum going rancid and to maintain its white color. These compounds are suspected of being highly toxic for the liver, kidneys and retina as well as elevating cholesterol levels.
- 😐 Loses its Taste Fast – some Falim flavors are AWFUL. The first one I ever tried tasted like a cigarette - it was the one with a yellowly/golden color on the pack. Some people say Falim is tasteless. In my experience, Falim gum had a taste, but it disappeared quickly. After chewing for a few minutes the texture can also become quite rubbery and I had to add another piece.
Falim Gum Alternatives
✅ Best Alternatives ✅
- 🥇 The JAWLINERS: these are the best molar-based jawline exercisers available today. They are both safe and effective. Start with the Beginner and move up to higher resistances as your jaw and face gets stronger.
- 🥈 Jawliner Gum: a mint flavored gum that has been created to be 15x harder than regular chewing gum. It's cheaper than mastic gum but loses its taste faster and doesn't come with the same health benefits.
- 🥉 Mastic Gum: this is 10x harder than regular chewing gum. It's a 100% natural tree sap harvested on the Greek island of Chios. It's a convenient way to train your masseter muscles while you are working, driving, studying or doing anything for that matter.
READ MORE: the 5 best falim gum alternatives
🏁 CONCLUSION 🏁
Falim gum is popular for a reason: it's a tough gum, that is readily available, and is really cheap. It's a great place to start for beginners who want to warm up before advancing to a harder type of gum.
The fact that it contains DHA, DHT and Titanium Dioxide is the major downside. Turkey (where it's made) has different health and safety standards to other western countries.
These compounds are reason enough for many to avoid Falim Gum, and opt for healthier alternatives.
🍀 GOOD LUCK 🍀
P.S I've tested every jawline tool on the market. Here's the ones that work👇