JawlineMe Review – Why You Should Buy Jawzrsize Instead
JawlineMe Was One of the First Jawzrsize Clones on the Market...
Table of Contents
The biggest, most well-known type of jawline trainer, is the incisor-based type. Many medical professionals (and myself) believe that these are harmful to the jaw joint and teeth. Jawzrsize invented the category, and other companies made very similar products- like JawlineMe.
JawlineMe differentiates itself from Jawzrsize via branding and packaging, otherwise it's a very similar product. It was first jawline tool I ever bought, after getting targeted with a facebook advertisement.
The JawlineMe exerciser is a well-made product with good marketing- from a company based in Albuquerque. As far as incisor-based jaw trainers go... they're quality. But I have some serious concerns about this type of trainer that we'll get into on this page.
What is JawlineMe?
JawlineMe is an exercise device designed to workout to your jaw. Essentially, it's a hollow, ball-shaped piece of rubber. It's got 2 silicon moulds (one the top and bottom) that are formed to the shape of your own bite. It makes it more comfortable to use.
The idea is to provide much more resistance than food or chewing gum, to workout the muscles of the face, neck and jawline. The main muscle it aims to target is the masseter of the jaw- hence why it's called JAWlineMe.
The masseter is the strongest muscle in the body and won't grow without "adding weight to the bar" or increasing the intensity.
I totally believe in the theory that JawlineMe is based on– that you can build the muscles in your face just like you can build your bicep, chest or quads. Whether JawlineMe is an effective (and safe!) way to do that... is something we'll talk about down below.
But I have seen first hand that facial exercisers definitely can tone, tighten the face and increase the size of the jaw muscles. Which is something the general public still hasn't accepted.
JawlineMe equipment with different resistance levels and shapes
How to Use JawlineMe
So you've bought one and now you're ready to try it... exciting! But first, you've got to mould it to your teeth, that's what those white pads at the top and bottom are for.
DO NOT skip this step. This type of facial exerciser is considerably (a nice way of saying extremely) risky for your front incisor teeth. Without adjusting the moulds, your increasing the odds even more that you'll chip or move a tooth. Follow these steps from the official JawlineMe website to "safely" use the tool:
STEP 1️⃣ – Get a small pot of water to boil fully. Then, place the Jaw Ball in that pot, gently with the help of a slotted spoon for 3 - 6 seconds
STEP 2️⃣ – Remove it from the boiling water and give it a quick shake to rinse off excess water
STEP 3️⃣ – Use a mirror to ensure that JawlineMe’s logo faces outwards and that you have the right side up. Line up all those clear biting strips with the top and bottom front teeth of yours
STEP 4️⃣ – Bite into the Jaw Ball and use sufficient pressure so that your teeth make an impression. Hold it for about ten seconds and remove it after rinsing under cold tap water for it to set
Image taken from the official JawlineMe website
I have mixed feelings about how you have to shape the device. One one hand, it's good. Everyone's mouth, teeth and jaw is different and adjusting for this from a safety standpoint makes sense. Plus, you need to make groves for your teeth so the pressure you exert can be spread across multiple teeth.
But on the other hand, it's even more dangerous if you set it wrong. You don't want to set the bite crooked, or with a slight overbite, or with a slight underbite. Because then you'll be training your jaw in that position and building a muscle balance for that particular position. We'll talk more about this down below.
🏋️♀️ 😮💨 Now You're Ready to Workout 💦 🏃♀️
After you've shaped the device to your own teeth and bite, it's pretty simple. Just bite down on the silicone ball! You'll feel the extra resistance in various muscles.
The official JawlineMe website recommends biting down on these resistance balls multiple times for 10–15 minutes a day. As it becomes easier, move up the great resistances to build and strengthen your muscles even more. Let's look at the JawlineMe range of products now 👇
JawlineMe Resistance Levels
There's 3 different resistances for beginners, advanced or experts. Here's everything you need to know:
🐣 LEVEL 1: BEGINNER
- Blue Level 1 – 40lbs resistance
Who it's For: according the the website: "We HIGHLY SUGGEST that you start with our Blue Level 1 and work yourself up to higher levels to reduce the risk of injury, warm up your muscles and also achieve the best results possible."
What I think: this is the safest version of JawlineMe and that's why it's my favorite. I don't think incisor-based jawline exercisers should be any more than 20lbs of resistance.
🐻 LEVEL 2: ADVANCED
- Red Level 2 – 50lbs of resistance
What I think: the resistances at this level are dangerous for the jaw joint and force the temporalis muscle to takeover (more on than later). I recommend avoiding.
🐲 LEVEL 3: ELITE
- Black Level 3 – 60lbs of resistance
What I think: this resistance is dangerous for the jaw joint and force the temporalis muscle to takeover (more on than later). I recommend avoiding.
JawlineMe Unboxing Experience
The best part of the whole experience was opening the box. It comes in a nice black, branded box and includes an instruction manual about how to set your moulds and get started.
For this part I give them a 10/10. They also include 2 extra bite strips in case yours fall out of break (it's common).
Does JawlineMe Work?
Depends what you mean. Does it work for what? Exercising your face? Improving your jawline?
I'm going to assume the main thing you want to know, is whether JawlineMe improves your jawline and overall appearance. And the complicated answer is...
Yes, yes it does. Your masseter muscles will get larger and this will give a stronger looking jaw. But it works out other muscles more. And the end result isn't necessarily a more attractive face.
Most stress is placed on the temporalis muscle on the sides of your head. The wider your mouth is open when applying force, the more the temporalis takes over from the masseter. A larger temporalis muscle makes your head look wider at the top as the muscle starts to bulge horizontally.
JawlineMe also stimulates the buccinator muscle which will ruin your chances of having the "hollow-cheek" look. It works out a lot of different muscles: there's hundreds of muscles in your face, head and neck. Every expression or movement you do "works out" hundreds of muscles. It's not about how many muscles you workout, but which ones are bearing the majority of the load.
It does give you a workout. And that workout is a bad workout. I don't think it makes you look better. Deadlifting more than you can handle with awful form will still give you a good workout... but it will ruin your back as well.
SEE MORE: I collected all the JawlineMe results photos I could find on the internet and put them all in one place 👇
What is JawlineMe Made Of?
Hmm this part is a little worrying. They say on the website that their products are made with "ultra-hygienic silicone, premium quality materials, safe for in-mouth placement".
JawlineMe claims it is safe and hygienic, but never gives real proof
So it's all good right? They said it's safe? But they never say what the product is made out of or if it is FDA approved and tested. I would image because it hasn't been approved. If you have been through the hassle, you would be sure to state it on your website. For me personally, this is reason enough to not buy this product. But I'm concerned about ingesting harmful plastics and substances more than the average person.
Almost all other jaw trainers are like this as well. Literally hundreds of cruddy imitation products have sprung up over the years. Most of them are drop-shipped straight from China, are made from terrible silicon and plastics, and have never been tested. Chinese manufacturers simply see an image of these tools and try to copy it.
My point is: if you're going to put a piece of rubber in your mouth and chew it... I would want to know what's in it.
Is JawlineMe Dangerous?
There are 2 main type of jawline exercisers:
- ❌ Incisor-based – bite down with your front teeth
- ✅ Molar-based – bite down with your back teeth
Incisor-based Jaw Trainer (left) use your front teeth to bite down. Molar-based use your back (molar) teeth to bite down (right)
JawlineMe is an Incisor-Based type of jaw trainer. The bad type. Jawzrsize was the inventor of this category when they released their first model in 2016. Since then, the Molar-Based type of jaw trainer has been invented. It is a much healthier and more effective option.
An incisor-based trainer on the left. And a molar-based trainer on the right
3 Ways JawlineMe and Other Incisor-Based Exercisers Are Dangerous
- 🦷 Teeth – the incisor teeth were naturally designed for piercing and tearing. They are not suited for the high, repeated pressure of JawlineMe. In the worst case this can lead to chipped, crooked, or broken teeth.
- 📐 Jaw Joint & Muscles – the degree of stress on the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) depends on how wide the mouth open and closes during exercise. Wide ranges of motion cause the TMJ to dislocate and re-adjust. This isn't the worse thin by itself, but add the constant load from JawlineMe... then it's dangerous and causes significant wear and tear to the jaw joint. Jaw pain, cracking, arthritis and tension headaches are some of the potential side-effects.
- ☠️ Toxic Materials – repeatedly biting into a toxic plastic or rubber will ensure you ingest those toxic substances. It's unclear what JawlineMe is made from or whether it has approval. The same can be said for most other jawline devices on the market. Make sure you check what the product is made of before you put it in your mouth.
Why Molar-Based Exercisers Are Superior
Molar-based exercisers sit on the molars. Because they're not big, the mouth only has open slightly during training. The range of motion is natural and the jaw joint was built to withstand this type of pressure. Chewing on molar-based is indistinguishable for the temporomandibular joint from chewing on a tough piece of meat.
This is what the flat surface of molar teeth was designed for.
How to Reduce the Risk of Damage When Using JawlineMe
- 🛑 Do not chew if the bottom mould wears down
- 🛑 Stop if you feel pain
- 🛑 Never chew fast, always slowly and controlled
- 🛑 Do not fully open your mouth and release your bite pressure until there is no tension
- 🛑 Do not workout for more than 10 minutes a day
Where to Buy JawlineMe?
As far as I know, you can only buy from their official website. If you're in the United States or Canada, they say shipping takes 2–15 business days.
Outside the US
For everyone else, in Europe and the rest of the world, it will take 3–25 business days to arrive. It seems like they ship to most countries around the world.
JawlineMe prices are the most expensive on the market for incisor-based exerccísers. For $44.95, they are more than DOUBLE what Jawzrsize costs ($19), and Jawzrsize is better. Shipping in the USA is $9.95 and International shipping is $12.99.
What is something that is dangerous and ineffective worth? Unfortunately not much at all.
– Matt Phelps
Oh! One more thing... the moulds? The ones that you bite into? They fall out. It's a really common issue apparently. Mine just fell out after my 10th use, and reading reviews and comments, that seems to be about the average number of uses you get before you have to buy more.
It's really annoying because if you don't replace them- the whole thing is worthless. It becomes too dangerous to use and you have to wait weeks before your replacement moulds come in the mail. They cost $9.95 to buy 6 pieces... but shipping is $10 (domestic) and $13 (international). You can see how it adds up if your "bite strips" break a few times.
⚠️ Word of Caution: Don't Buy Cheaper Imitations! ⚠️
If you weren't put off by the negatives of incisor-based jawline tools like JawlineMe, then go ahead and buy JawlineMe or Jawzrsize. But DO NOT buy a cheaper one you found on Amazon, Aliexpress, Alibaba or wherever.
Since 2016, there's been an explosion of garbage copy-cat products available on the internet. Chinese manufacturers make and sell these without testing them. They're made from toxic materials that have no business being put into your mouth, and they have no liability.
With these sorts of things, it pays to buy high quality equipment from safe and trusted distributors. There's a lot of unknowns about JawlineMe, but it's at least sold by an American company that is subject to regulation that other countries are not.
⛴ SHIPPING POLICY
There is no free shipping, no matter how much you spend on their website.
For domestic purchases, packages will usually arrive within 2–12 business days. For international, 3–25 business days.
🔄 RETURN POLICY
There's a 60-day window for a customer to return their order and get their money back. They don't cover the return shipping costs.
What Do Customers Say About JawlineMe?
✅ POSITIVE REVIEWS
- “Nice tool i started noticing little difference”
- “I’ve been using it to train my jaw muscles for 20 days now. I can feel my jaw muscles getting stronger and more relaxed. The jawline also seem to be getting more uplifted. I normally do 200-400 repeats a day (not in one go though). At the start it may feel a bit hard, like with any exercise, but it’ll get easier with time as the muscles grow stronger. Also, I massage my jaw in a circular motion lightly after each go for about 1-2 mins, it help relax the muscles after exercising.”
- “One of the best deliveries ever received on amazon with a hand written personalised message."
❌ NEGATIVE REVIEWS
- “Very bad quality, one broken on the first day of use!”
- “Terrible quality. Waste of money.”
- “So i got this and the packaging is just so cheap and distasteful, brief description on the boxes, cheaply printed low quality, no idea what color i should use first, no handwritten note, and hurts the teeth a lot.. will continue to use i am intrigued to see if this cheap quality actually works”
🥸 JAWLINEME WEBSITE
They use a reviews service called Loox on their website. It's the one that most drop-shippers and quick-setup Shopify stores use. Unfortunately with Loox, you can easily write fake reviews and remove negative reviews from real customers.
I'm not saying the JawlineMe team has done that, just that it's very easy to do. So you can't place much trust in the reviews on their website. We'll look at some more trustworthy review providers below.
JawlineMe rating on their own website is 5 out of 5
JawlineMe is not available on Amazon.
A company's Trustpilot rating is their true rating. Because a Trustpilot rating can't be faked or manipulated – by anyone, no matter how much you pay. I don't know how they do it... but their algorithms and systems make it impossible to mislead future customers.
JawlineMe doesn't have any presence on Trustpilot. So we can't get a truthful picture of their products and service. When a company isn't on Trustpilot at all, usually that means they are a very small company with limited sales.
JawlineMe has no presence on Trustpilot
Pros & Cons
- 🛒 Easily Available in the US – get it reasonably quickly in most states. They ship to US, Canadian, Europe and Australia.
- 📦 Great Packaging & Unboxing Experience – one of the best experiences of all jawline products I've tried. Most purchases from Amazon come without anything, not even instructions. JawlineMe is 10/10 in this regard.
- 🌝 Leads to a Round Face – it stimulates and grows the temporalis muscle WAY too much. This can have a severely negative effect on your facial aesthetics by widening the top half of your head- particularly above your ears
- 🦴 Harmful for the Jaw Joint – the JawlineMe device is too large and the jaw was not designed to apply high levels of force when it is so far open. Here I come TMJ, jaw joint arthritis, stiffness and clicking!
- 🚨 Breaks Easily – the moulds that your teeth bite down into break quite quickly. Your incisor teeth are made for piercing after all. You either pay to replace them... or you continue using it without them and place even higher pressure on your front teeth
- 🦷 Damages Your Teeth – this device applies all the pressure to your front incisor teeth. These teeth are made for piercing and tearing, NOT for grinding and applying high force like the molar teeth are. I'm surprised their aren't more stories of people damaging their teeth with JawlineMe
- 🤮 Produces Insane Amount of Saliva – you need to keep a bowl underneath your chin to catch all the liquid that pours out of your mouth
- 🤡 Looks Like a BDSM Ball Gag – you can't use JawlineMe in public... It looks too weird and it makes you gag
a JawlineMe tool being use (image from their website)
✅ Best Alternatives ✅
- 🥇 STEEL – Jawliners: these are the best molar-based jawline exercisers available today. They are both safe and effective. Start with the Beginner and move up to higher resistances as your jaw and face gets stronger.
- 🥈 STEEL – Mastic Gum: this is 10x harder than regular chewing gum. It's a 100% natural tree sap harvested on the Greek island of Chios. It's a convenient way to train your masseter muscles while you are working, driving, studying or doing anything for that matter.
- 🥉 STEEL – Jawline Gum: a mint flavored gum that has been created to be 15x harder than regular chewing gum. It's cheaper than mastic gum but loses its taste faster and doesn't come with the same health benefits.
READ MORE: the 5 best JawlineMe alternatives
🏁 CONCLUSION 🏁
If you're going to buy an incisor-based jawline trainer (which I DON'T recommend), then buy Jawzrsize instead of JawlineMe.
JawlineMe is just not an established company and their online presence isn't strong. That's not to say they can't be legitimate... but they have left out important material details on their website, and there is a lack of trustworthy reviews.
Besides, the type of jawline exerciser that JawlineMe is, can have terrible long-term side effects. There's far more effective (and safer!) jawline exercise devices on the market – mainly those that are molar-based.
🍀 GOOD LUCK 🍀
P.S I've tested every jawline tool on the market. Here's the ones that work👇