Jawliner Review – The Best Jawline Exerciser (For Men & Women)
5-Star Trustpilot Rating. German Engineered. FDA Approved. Money-Back Guarantee.
Table of Contents
The latest jawline product taking over the market is called Jawliner 3.0. In my opinion, it's the fist jawline tool to really breakthrough and be 10x better than the alternatives.
It's not just the most effective... they seem to be doing everything right. They even went to the trouble to get the tool tested by all relevant governing bodies to ensure the utmost safety.
Google Trends chart of searches for "Jawliner"
There's at least 10 main jaw exerciser brands. And many hundreds of cruddy products available on Amazon and elsewhere.
95% of them fall into 1 of the 2 categories: Molar-Based Jaw Trainers and Incisor-Based Jaw Trainers. We'll compare the 2 types down below.
But first, let's hear about what exactly Jawliner is and where it came from 👇
What is Jawliner?
Jawliner is a jaw exercise exercise device. By placing them on your molar teeth and biting down, the resistance supplied will cause your jaw muscles to hypertrophy.
It works in the same way any other weighted muscle-building exerciser works: you stress the muscle and create tears in the fibers. The muscle heals and repairs to be bigger and stronger.
The 3 Jawliners; beginner, advanced and expert
The first spark of an idea for Jawliner occurred in the spring of 2013. A few friends were drinking beers together when one of them started talking about his attempts to chisel his jawline.
He'd been freezing chewing gum to make it harder, and then chewing on it in hope that would provide enough resistance to grow his jaw muscles. But he never got the results he was after.
Two of the guys in that room decided they'd try to make a product that could fulfill this purpose.
What followed were a few years of researching, brainstorming, development, medical examination and hitting dead-ends repeatedly.
Eventually, the first Jawliner was created and launch. It took off immediately, but since then the developments have been massive. As good and popular as the Jawliner 1.0 was at the time... the Jawliner 3.0 is at least 10x better.
The 2 original founders and designers of Jawliner equipment
How to Use Jawliner
It's quite self-explanatory about how to actually use the Jawliner. But there's a few usage and workout tips to know about before you get started. Here's a quick step-by-step of how to use it:
STEP 1️⃣ – Place a Jawliner on the back molar teeth on the RIGHT side of your mouth. Always chew so that the "Jawliner" label is visible from the side. Chewing on the wrong surface will damage the tool.
STEP 2️⃣ – Place a Jawliner on the back molar teeth on the LEFT side of your mouth. Again, make sure the "Jawliner" label is visible from the side.
STEP 3️⃣ – Bite down in a slow and controlled manner, repeatedly, for 10-20 minutes each day.
STEP 4️⃣ – Take a least 1 rest day a week to give your masseter muscles a rest and time to repair and grow.
- 10-20 minutes chewing a day using the Jawliner Beginner
- Take a day off once a week
- Continue for 3 weeks
- 10-20 minutes chewing a day using the Jawliner Advanced
- Take a day off once a week
- Continue for 3 weeks
- 10-20 minutes chewing a day using the Jawliner Expert
- Take a day off once a week
- Continue for 3 weeks or until desired results
Jawliner Resistance Levels & Products
There's 3 different Jawliner resistance levels; beginner, advanced, and expert.
One of these will be suitable for everyone. Men, women, teenagers and experienced jawline trainers. Here's everything you need to know:
🥚 LEVEL 1: BEGINNER
This level provides 52lbs of resistance for your jaw muscles. The top and bottom silicon layers of the Beginner are light blue and the middle layer is gray. It comes in a black container about 1.5in in diameter.
Who it's For: according the the website:
"The Jawliner Beginner is our beginner model and ideal for people who want to train their jaw and facial muscles but have no experience by now.
With a resistance of 60kg/cm2, our JAWLINER Beginner is the ideal jawline trainer to get started directly and make lasting changes to your outer appearance."
🐣 LEVEL 2: ADVANCED
This level provides 62lbs of resistance for your jaw muscles. The top and bottom silicon layers of the Advanced are blue and the middle layer is dark gray. It comes in a black container about 1.5in in diameter.
Who it's For: according to the website:
"The JAWLINER® Advanced is designed as a follow up to the JAWLINER® Beginner for the optimum increase in training intensity and is ideal for those already familiar with jawline training.
With a resistance of 70kg/cm2, our JAWLINER® Advanced is the ideal jawline trainer for our advanced customers. Increase your training intensity now! Become a more confident version of yourself!"
🐲 LEVEL 3: EXPERT
This level provides 70lbs of resistance for your jaw muscles. The top and bottom silicon layers of the Expert are blue and the middle layer is black. It comes in a black container about 1.5in in diameter.
Who it's For: according to the website:
"Our JAWLINER Expert is the jaw trainer for experts.
With a resistance of 80kg/cm, it is designed exclusively as an intensity enhancer for training after the JAWLINER Advanced and will push your muscles to their absolute limits. We recommend the JAWLINER Expert only to those who have already successfully trained with the Advanced level and need a further increase in intensity. If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you!"
🦷 BONUS: JAWLINER FITNESS CHEWING GUM
The Jawliner team's latest product is a hard chewing gum that is 10-15x harder than regular gum.
Who it's For: according to the website:
"We present the first fitness chewing gum specially designed to workout your jaw and hole facial muscles. Developed from the founder of JAWLINER® It's the hardest and toughest chewing gum in the world - From now on you just have to chew gum to get a strong and chiseled jawline."
Does Jawliner Work?
They don't have a 5-star rating for nothing. They sit at the top of all credible best jawline exerciser lists.
Read my complete breakdown on the results you can expect with Jawliner: does jawliner work?
Masseter Muscle Growth
Jawliner is the best way to grow the masseter muscle that I have found to date. I'm a big fan of chewing mastic gum for many reasons, but I think that using the Jawliner will result in faster muscle growth.
I think the 3 resistances they have created are perfectly calculated. Once you can easily use the Beginner, the Advanced is just the right resistance to give you an effective workout without being too much. Same goes for levelling up from Advanced to Expert.
Following the recommended levels and workouts can really cause incredible changes in a short period. My only wish is that I had started using them sooner.
A diagram of the mastication (chewing) muscles
Jawliner Before and After
Transformation photos are always hard to judge. Lighting, angles and weight-loss can play a big role in the differences between before and after images.
A Jawliner transformation photo from their official website
SEE MORE: I collected all the Jawliner results photos I could find on the internet and put them all in one place 👇
What is Jawliner Made Of?
Jawliners are made from 100% food-grade FDA compliant silicone, are BPA free, and have been tested thoroughly by health and safety professionals.
Jawliner have been thoroughly tested and approved by the relevant European and United States governing bodies
Jawliner is designed to last. Due to the nature of the jawline products, there's potential for one's teeth to pierce the silicon and slowly (or rapidly) deteriorate the supporting structure of the device - it falls apart.
Jawliner is made of 3 layers, and 2 types of silicon:
- 💪 Middle Layer – made of highly-dense silicon. Provides the resistance when you bite down.
- 💪 Top and Bottom Layers – made of flexible silicon. Made to inhibit the risk of teeth penetrating the tool. Protects teeth and longevity of the tool.
😼 COPY-CAT PRODUCTS
Cheap, imitation products available on Amazon are dangerous. Do not put something in your mouth and chew it before you know what it contains.
If a user's teeth pierce whatever material the product is made of, there is a risk of micro-plastics and other toxic substance leaking into the mouth of a user.
Copy-cat products are also made using only one material. One type of silicon or rubber that must provide the resistance but also be soft so the teeth don't pierce it... that's why these products don't last longer than a few uses.
Is Jawliner Dangerous?
There are 2 main type of jawline exercisers:
- ❌ Incisor-based – bite down with your front teeth (i.e. Jawzrsize)
- ✅ Molar-based – bite down with your back teeth (i.e. Jawliner)
Jawliner is a Molar-Based type of jaw trainer – the safe and healthy kind. Incisor-Based types of jaw trainer are usually ball-shaped and get their name from the incisor teeth – the front teeth used to bite down into them.
Incisor-based Jaw Trainer (left) use the front incisor teeth to bite down. Molar-based use your back (molar) teeth to bite down (right)
Molar-Based Exercisers Are SAFE 👷♀️
Molar-based exercisers sit on the molar teeth. Because they're not big, the mouth only has open slightly during training.
The range of motion is natural and the jaw joint was built to withstand this angle of resistance. Chewing on molar-based is indistinguishable for the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) from chewing on a tough piece of meat.
This is what the flat surface of molar teeth was designed for and there are no associated risks with using this type of jaw trainer.
Molar-based exercisers mimic a natural chewing motion
Incisor-Based Exercisers Are DANGEROUS ⛔️
Incisor-based exercisers sit at the front of the mouth in-between the incisor teeth. Because they're big, the TMJ has to open widely and even slightly dislocate to make room for it.
The range of motion is unnatural and the jaw joint was NOT built to withstand this angle of resistance.
The Incisor teeth are made for piercing and tearing flesh: be that fruit, animal or vegetable flesh.
Repeated chewing at high resistances is potentially harmful for the teeth, as we'll confirm in some negative reviews below. Here's some potential risks of using Incisor-based jaw equipment:
- 🦷 Teeth – the incisor teeth were naturally designed for piercing and tearing. They are not suited for the high, repeated pressure of these ball-shaped devices. In the worst case this can lead to chipped, crooked, or broken teeth.
- 📐 Jaw Joint & Muscles – the degree of stress on the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) depends on how wide the mouth open and closes during exercise. Wide ranges of motion cause the TMJ to dislocate and re-adjust. This isn't the worse thin by itself, but add the constant load from exerciser... then it's dangerous and causes significant wear and tear to the jaw joint. Jaw pain, cracking, arthritis and tension headaches are some of the potential side-effects.
- ☠️ Toxic Materials – repeatedly biting into a toxic plastic or rubber will ensure you ingest those toxic substances. Not all contain harmful substance, but many do. Make sure you check what the product is made of before you put it in your mouth.
Where to Buy Jawliner?
Jawliner is only available on the internet and not in physical stores. There are 3 places you can buy Jawliner equipment:
- STEEL – we sell Jawliners here on this website
- JAWLINER® – the Jawliner company has an individual website for multiple countries; Vietnam, USA, Belgium/Netherlands, France, Romania, Turkey, Israel, Lebanon, Malaysia, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Morocco, India
- Amazon – only the old Jawliner 2.0 model is available on Amazon
What Do Customers Say About Jawliner?
Inormally try to focus on negative reviews and shortcomings of the company.
Because I think that a great, safe product and pleasant customer service is what you should expect when you buy something. I assume that as the default.
But Jawliner hardly had a single negative review or customer complaint. I searched the entire internet and I could only find 3 negative ratings. I've included them below.
✅ POSITIVE REVIEWS
- “Positive surprise, it actually works! I had a pretty defined jawline by natural, but the chewing gums took it to a whole new level. Really happy with this :)”
- “Best customer support service that I have ever dealt with. Fast delivery and superb quality!”
- “Tried for only one time and I already can say that this thing will definitely bring me results. I already saw, how much more "buff" my jaw was. However, was thinking, if the results of the product will be long-term or will I have to do "workouts" all of my life.”
- “it's just fantastic, the Jawliners work too well, since i started my face to completely changed for the better, it looks better, in fact i realized i had a kid jaw before because she was not trained, thank you for this training tool which is more than a product 👍”
- “I like it, so much better than every other product I used like Jawersize, Chisell... not to forget the top price!
❌ NEGATIVE REVIEWS
- “Bought all three levels: all of them broke within several weeks of ordinary use. While Jawliner agreed to send a replacement, they have not been bothered to send them for (now) over a week since they accepted that I was entitled to them. As a result, I have lost all the gains from prior use of their products. This company does not care about its customers - please avoid.”
- “the product makes me gag a lot. its uncomfortable”
- “Service is top but the product is broken after 2 weeks..."
😊 JAWLINER WEBSITE
They use a reviews service called Loox on their website. Unfortunately with Loox, you can easily write fake reviews and remove negative reviews from real customers.
However I don't think the Jawliner team has done that, based on their high Trustpilot rating (see below).
Jawliner rating on their own website is 4.7 out of 5
Jawliner is not available on Amazon.
A company's Trustpilot rating is their true rating. Because a Trustpilot rating can't be faked or manipulated – by anyone, no matter how much you pay.
I don't know how they do it... but their algorithms and systems make it impossible to mislead future customers.
A rating of 4.5 is AMAZING. I have never seen a direct-to-consumer company with such a high rating.
Jawliner Trustpilot rating is 4.5 out of 5
Pros & Cons
- 💪 Works the Masseter Muscle: Jawliners are a molar-based trainers which means they train the main muscle on the side of your jaw. Other exercisers stimulate the temporalis muscle on the side of your head, above your year
- 🧱 More Resistance, Different Levels – work your way up to higher resistances as your face gets stronger. You get better results that way. The STEEL jawliners come in 3 precisely calculated resistances; 52lbs, 62lbs and 70lbs
- 🦴 Zero Joint Damage: chewing a small object (or food) is a natural movement for your jaw, teeth and gums. You won't stress any muscles, joints or get TMJ. I can't say the same for some of the other jawline exercisers
- 🎖 FDA Approved: these are made from 100% food-grade silicon, and have been tested and approved by the Food & Drug Administration as well as by the PICA institute of Berlin
- ⏱ Lasts Longer = Cheaper – the Jawliner's don't break and can be re-used as much as you like. Chewing gums are a diminishing product that you have to buy again and again
- 👑 Consistent Quality – with the Jawliners, you know what the resistance is, and it doesn't change. Natural gums can be very inconsistent. Sometimes it's rock-hard (with gritty pieces in it), other times it's the stickiest thing you've ever felt
- 🎨 Less Risk of Developing Asymmetry – you put one Jawliner in each side of your mouth, on your molars. The workout is the same for both sides of your face. With chewing gum... it's just one ball in your mouth. It's very common that people chew mainly on one side. Obviously, that side becomes more developed that the other
- 🧰 Easy to Carry Around: it comes in a convenient container that fits in your pocket. You can easily take them around with you. After usage, they could be covered in saliva- so you can just put them straight into the container
- 😃 A Sharper Jawline... Or It's FREE: either you'll see an improvement to your jawline or you'll get your money back. The same goes for all STEEL products
- 🏚 They Can Still Break: the newer Jawliner models are made with 2 types of silicon; one to provide the resistance, another to bite into without breaking. However, they can still break if you have particularly sharp teeth or chew them very aggressively. It doesn't matter too much though – they come with a free replacement policy
- 🚙 Can't Chew Anywhere, Anytime – you can chew gum while you're working, driving, training or doing whatever. Rubber exercisers like Jawliner are a little more awkward... you usually have to dedicate part of your day to using it
✅ Best Alternatives ✅
🥇 The JAWLINER: these are the best molar-based jawline exercisers available today. They are both safe and effective. Start with the Beginner and move up to higher resistances as your jaw and face gets stronger.
- 🥈 Jawliner Gum: a mint flavored gum that has been created to be 15x harder than regular chewing gum. It's cheaper than mastic gum but loses its taste faster and doesn't come with the same health benefits.
- 🥉 Mastic Gum: this is 10x harder than regular chewing gum. It's a 100% natural tree sap harvested on the Greek island of Chios. It's a convenient way to train your masseter muscles while you are working, driving, studying or doing anything for that matter.
READ MORE: the 2 best Jawliner alternatives
🏁 CONCLUSION 🏁
You don't have to look any further until you've tried the Jawliner. It's just so superior to all alternatives. Just look at their Trustpilot rating compared to everyone else.
As effective as the Jawliner is, it's still underrated. I think partly because the company is German, and they haven't done much promotion in the US.
Jawliner is the main tool in my jawline routine alongside Mastic gum and Jawline Gum. I've seen the results first hand.
🍀 GOOD LUCK 🍀
P.S get the complete Jawliner toolset and get started today👇