Jawzrsize vs Chisell – Which is Better for Your Jawline?
Jawzrsize & Chisell Comparison
Table of Contents
|🪀 What is Chisell?
|👍 Which is Better?
What is Jawzrsize?
Jawzrsize is an exercise device designed to workout to your jaw.
Essentially, it's a hollow, ball-shaped piece of rubber. It's got 2 silicon moulds (one the top and bottom) that are formed to the shape of your own bite. It makes it more comfortable to use.
The idea is to provide much more resistance than food or chewing gum, to workout the muscles of the face, neck and jawline. The main muscle it aims to target is the masseter of the jaw – hence why it's called JAWzrsize.
Jawzrsize was created in 2016 by an American guy called Brandon Harris. It became popular quickly because it was the first device marketed specifically as a way to improve your jawline.
Since then, dozens of new tools have been created and lots of innovation in the space. Jawzrsize doesn't seem to have kept up. Read more in my Jawzrsize Review.
- 👋 Most Well-Known Jaw Exerciser: Jawzrsize were one of the first on the market, their branding is recognizable
- 👻 They Won't Scam You: Jawzrsize is a legitimate company and if you ask for a refund, you'll get it.
- 🇺🇸 Made in USA: most jawline exercisers are made in China or Pakistan. That doesn't mean the quality is worse, but you don't know about the healthy and safety conditions of the workers.
- 🛒 Easily Available in the US – it's on Amazon, so you can buy it and get it the next day in most places. They ship to US, Canadian, Europe and Australia. So it's available... but as we discussed before- it's expensive
- 📞 Decent Customer Service – I personally did not get a response to my customer support inquiry. However, from reading reviews and comments, it's obvious that Jawzrsize offers above average customer service
- 👷♂️ Made from Safe Materials – I'm listing it as a pro for Jawzrsize, because many other cheap jawline devices are made from harmful materials. But basic health and safety is the bare minimum. Jawzrsize meets all the requirements
- 🌝 Leads to a Round Face – it stimulates and grows the temporalis muscle WAY too much. This can have a severely negative effect on your facial aesthetics by widening the top half of your head- particularly above your ears
- 🦴 Harmful for the Jaw Joint – the Jawzrsize device is too large and the jaw was not designed to apply high levels of force when it is so far open. Here I come TMJ, jaw joint arthritis, stiffness and clicking!
- 🚨 Breaks Easily – the moulds that your teeth bite down into break quite quickly. Your incisor teeth are made for piercing after all. You either pay to replace them... or you continue using it without them and place even higher pressure on your front teeth
- 🦷 Damages Your Teeth – this device applies all the pressure to your front incisor teeth. These teeth are made for piercing and tearing, NOT for grinding and applying high force like the molar teeth are. I'm surprised their aren't more stories of people damaging their teeth with Jawzrsize
- 🤮 Produces Insane Amount of Saliva – you need to keep a bowl underneath your chin to catch all the liquid that pours out of your mouth
- 🤡 Looks Like a BDSM Ball Gag – you can't use Jawzrsize in public... It looks too weird and it makes you gag
What is Chisell?
Chisell is a jaw exercise exercise device made by a Latvian company. By placing them on your molar teeth and biting down, the resistance supplied with cause your jaw muscles to hypertrophy.
It works in the same way any other weighted muscle-building exerciser works: you stress the muscle and create tears in the fibers. The muscle heals and repairs to be bigger and stronger.
- 💪 Works the Masseter Muscle: Chisell is molar-based trainers which means they train the main muscle on the side of your jaw. Other exercisers stimulate the temporalis muscle on the side of your head, above your year
- 🧱 More Resistance, Different Levels – work your way up to higher resistances as your face gets stronger. You get better results that way.
- 🦴 Zero Joint Damage: chewing a small object (or food) is a natural movement for your jaw, teeth and gums. You won't stress any muscles, joints or get TMJ. I can't say the same for some of the other jawline exercisers
- 👑 Consistent Quality – with Chisell, you know what the resistance is, and it doesn't change. Natural gums can be very inconsistent. Sometimes it's rock-hard (with gritty pieces in it), other times it's the stickiest thing you've ever felt
- 🎨 Less Risk of Developing Asymmetry – you put one Jawliner in each side of your mouth, on your molars. The workout is the same for both sides of your face. With chewing gum... it's just one ball in your mouth. It's very common that people chew mainly on one side. Obviously, that side becomes more developed that the other
- 🧰 Easy to Carry Around: it comes in a convenient container that fits in your pocket. You can easily take them around with you. After usage, they could be covered in saliva- so you can just put them straight into the container
- 🏚 They Break: Chisell is made from only one type of silicon. These are prone to breaking as the teeth pierce them and create fractures in the material.
- 🚙 Can't Chew Anywhere, Anytime – you can chew gum while you're working, driving, training or doing whatever. Rubber exercisers like Chisell are a little more awkward... you usually have to dedicate part of your day to using it
- ⚛️ Not Tested or FDA Approved: they don't say anywhere is they've been tested or approved by a governing body. We'll have to assume they haven't. We don't know what materials the Chisell is made of... which poses a large risk to the user.
- 🚢 Slow Shipping (Might Not Arrive): in most cases you'll get your money back...
- 📲 They're Hard to Contact: if you want a refund or your capsules don't arrive, it can be hard to get into contact with them. I'm just saying that things may take longer than expected
Which is Better: Jawzrsize vs Chisell
|🏆 Chisell 🏆
SUMMARY: Jawzrsize vs Chisell
And the winner is... Chisell! Molar-Based jaw exercisers like Chisell are the best way to grow the masseter muscle that I have found to date.
Jawzrsize is just too damaging to your teeth and jaw joint to be worth the slight upside it offers.
🍀 GOOD LUCK 🍀
P.S all the best jawline exercise equipment in one place👇