Mewing vs Mastic Gum – Which is Better for Your Jawline?
Mewing & Mastic Gum Comparison
Table of Contents
|🌳 What is Mastic Gum?
|👍 Which is Better?
What is Mewing?
Mewing is the process of flattening your entire tongue on the roof of the mouth. As well as breathing through you nose and maintaining good back posture.
Over time, this tongue position will realign your teeth and change your facial structure.
To mew correctly, you should relax your tongue and make sure it's resting entirely against your palate (roof of your mouth) using a mixture of suction and pressure.
This is the natural, healthy tongue placement we are supposed to have. In fact, before modern times, everyone did! But modern lifestyles have made it feel unnatural. Learn more about mewing here.
- 🫁 Keeps Air in Your Lungs Longer – our nostrils are smaller than our mouth, so it takes longer for us to exhale. This can mean up to 20% more oxygen uptake into your bloodstream compared to mouth breathing = more energy!
- 💨 Humidified Air – your nasal passage warms air (by up to 40ºF) on the way from your nose to your lungs. This is important in cold weather.
- 🦠 Removes Germs and Pathogens – your nasal passage filters out significant amounts of bacteria and other pathogens during each lung full of air. Nose breathers get sick less often.
- 🧘♀️ Less Breathing Interruption – when you inhale and exhale through your nose, it's easier to breathe while chewing, drinking, talking or exercising. That "extra" oxygen you get from nose breathing goes a long way.
- 💧Increased Hydration – each exhalation from the mouth expels water. This is particularly important during exercise, where mouth breathers become tired and dehydrated earlier.
- 🦷 Straighter Teeth – proper posture exerts pressure on the maxilla which helps widen the dental arch, which allows space for orthodontic tooth movement and proper alignment.
- 😯 Tighter Skin Around Chin and Neck – mewing is the best way to get rid of a double chin and make your jawline more defined.
- 💎 Prominent Cheekbones and a Sharper Jawline – you'll notice more prominent cheekbones and hollow cheeks after you've been mewing for a few months. The chin can become more prominent and the jaw widens.
- 🛌 No Snoring, No Sleep Apnea – reduced nasal obstruction helps prevent snoring and results in better, deeper sleep. Mewing is used to treat people with problems sleeping such as sleep apnea and restless leg syndrome.
- 🕰 Takes a Long Time – changing your facial bone structure, fixing an overbite and expanding your maxilla doesn't happen over night. If you're a teenager you can see results in a matter of months. The older you are, the longer it will take to see results.
- 😑 Easy to Get Wrong – if it doesn't come natural to you... you have to be very careful what you're doing. Many people try to force the posture too much and end up doing more harm than good. Facial asymmetry and crooked teeth can be the end result. Don't make these mistakes.
- 🧠 Maybe You're Already Doing it? – if that's the case, you've got nothing more to gain here. However, I estimate that about 80% of people could have better tongue posture and nose breathing.
What is Mastic Gum?
Mastic gum is a sap picked off the Mastic tree – which is native to the Greek island, Chios.
Mastic farmers literally make cuts into the tree and wait a few weeks. They come back and collect the dried sap before putting it through a cleaning and filtering process.
So Mastic gum is 100% natural and has a long history of use in the mediterranean. And is still used widely in modern times. It really has a fascinating history, multiple health benefits, and wars were even fought over it.
But we're interested in it for its hardness. It's at least 10x harder than regular gum and the extra resistance is why Mastic is commonly used as a jawline exerciser.
- 💎 10x Harder Than Regular Gum – Mastic gum is significantly harder than Falim gum. This means it's a better workout for your masseter muscles You'll see visible changes to your jawline much faster.
- 🌲 100% Natural – there's absolutely nothing added to it. It's picked from a tree, cleaned, and then shipped to you.
- 🚗 Chew Anywhere, Anytime – you can chewing gum while you're working, driving, training or doing whatever. Rubber exercisers like Jawzrsize are a little more awkward... you usually have to dedicate part of your day to using it
- ♻️ Re-usable & Lasts Forever – this might sound weird... but you can chew the same piece of Mastic gum for many days without it becoming softer. In fact it becomes harder!
- 🥕 It's a "SuperFood" – this is why mastic is so valuable. It's has many natural enzymes and antioxidants that are used to treat stomach ulcers, reflux, for dental hygiene, as a skin regeneration agent, and for other ailments of the peptic system.
- 👅 Doesn't Lose its Taste – Mastic never loses its fresh, cedar taste
- 😎 Not Embarrassing to Use in Public – STEEL – Mastic Gum packages fit in your pocket and you can workout your jaw whenever it suits you, and nobody will even know it! Obviously you can't hide that you're using Jawzrsize
- 🦴 Zero Joint Damage: chewing a small hard piece of gum is a natural movement and texture for your jaw, teeth and gums. You won't stress any muscles, joints or get TMJ. I can't say the same for some of the other jawline exercisers.
- 💰 Not Cheap – it takes over a year to grow and harvest Mastic Gum from the Mastic Tree. There's a limit to the supply on the market because it can't be mass produced in a factory.
- 🧩 Different Shapes & Sizes – it's not made in a factory. Pieces come in different shapes, sizes and densities because it is a 100% natural product.
- 😋 Only 1 Flavour – Mastic gum has one natural flavor
Which is Better: Mewing vs Mastic Gum
🏁 CONCLUSION 🏁
They're both incredibly beneficial for your appearance. And they do different things, so I can't say that one is better than the other.
Mewing is fantastic for your long-term health and will change your face shape (slowly) to give a better foundation to build upon.
Chewing mastic gum will build your masseter muscles and give you a strong, masculine jawline.
Combine both, and you will greatly improve your appearance and health. In fact, that's 67% of my jawline formula.
The other 33% is slimming. You need to slim down and lose weight on your face to make sure your jawline is visible.
🍀 GOOD LUCK 🍀
P.S all the best jawline exercise equipment in one place👇