Project Jawline Review – How It Compares to Other Mastic Brands
Is ALL Mastic Gum the Same?
Table of Contents
Project Jawline is a brand of Mastic Gum sold out of Los Angeles. It was one of the first companies to brand mastic gum as a "chewing gum for your jawline".
Because of its unique branding at the time, it picked up a lot of momentum and interest back in early 2020.
This was also the start of the Covid-19 era, when everyone was getting self-conscious about their appearance. Looking at your face all day in a video call led to record high number of plastic surgery.
Google Trends chart of searches for "Project Jawline"
Despite the new branding of "Jawline Crystals", using chewing gum (including mastic gum) as a jawline exerciser was not a new concept.
BodyBuilders have been doing it for at least 60 years. But there's still skeptics who don't believe chewing gum will have any effect.
We'll get into the details of whether mastic gum is an effective jawline exerciser later. Let's start this Project Jawline review and see if it's right for you👇
Project Jawline gum comes in supplement-like containers
How to Use Project Jawline Gum
Whether you're chewing Falim Gum, Regular Gum, Mastic Gum or Jawline Gum... the method is the same.
Every jaw exerciser or jawline chewing gums purpose, it to build your masseter muscle on the side of your jaw. Chewing hard foods and gums has been proven (here's a study) to grow your masseter.
But it doesn't grow the same way your chest grows. The masseter is more like your forearms and calves.
It needs regular and HEAVY stress to grow. It's so used to chewing everyday – yet you don't have big, strong jaw muscles.
It's used to soft foods that are part of most people's everyday diet. That's where Mastic Gum comes in: it's harder than most foods and you can chew it consistently for hours.
3 Steps on How To Chew Project Jawline Gum
1. 🦷 Chew Using All Teeth – your incisors, canines and pre-molars and molars. This will ensure you workout all parts of your masseter muscle.
However, you should mainly focus on chewing with your back molar teeth. This will build the most mass and result in the fastest growth
2. 😛 Chew on Both Sides – you want to build muscle on both sides to ensure a symmetrical face. You may have to consciously think about how you are chewing to check if you're isolating one part of the muscle or one side of your face
3. 😴 Stretch & Rest – give your muscle time to recover and grow. Your jaw is going to get sore and tight. Stretch between workout to relieve tension using these jaw stretches
Project Jawline Chewing Workouts
Mastic gum is hard enough to see changes with 2-3 weeks if you chew consistently. You don't have to dedicate more than 1 hours to it every day.
Following the 3 steps above, chew Project Jawline according to your status below:
- 20 minutes chewing a day
- Take a day off once a week
- Continue for 3 weeks
- 40 minutes chewing a day.
- Take a day off once a week
- Continue for 2 months
- 2 hours chewing a day.
- Take a day off once a week
- Continue until desired results
Project Jawline Products
They just sell the one jawline exerciser project called: "Jawline Crystals". Of course you can buy in bulk and get it cheaper, or even get a monthly subscription.
The only other thing they sell is collagen gummies. I have NOT tried these and they have next-to-nothing written on their website about them.
If you happen to like both products, you can buy multiple different types of bundles with both.
Project Jawline also sell collagen gummies
Project Jawline Packaging
What kind of chewing gum packet doesn't fit in your pocket? That's when most people chew – when they're on the go!
Project Jawline crystals come in a large supplement-like container that is more like a jar of Omega-3 Fish Oil tablets than a gum pack.
It's a bit annoying because one of the main benefits of mastic gum over jaw exercisers like the Jawliner, is that you can do it anywhere; walking, driving, studying or working.
There's more friction to using it if you can't easily take it with you.
The project jawline container is like a fish oil tablet container
Does Project Jawline Work?
You know that mastic gum is effective. I think they mewing community is to thank for making it popular and well-known in recent years.
It's hard enough to provide sufficient resistance to cause hypertrophy in the main muscle of the jaw – the masseter. And it can last forever.
READ MORE: does project jawline work?
Project Jawline is by no means the best mastic gum for your jawline... but at least it's mastic gum. It's natural taste and hardness make it very easy to chew on for hours at a time... but its sometimes gritty consistency makes that hard.
I have personally seen people use Mastic gum to not only grow their jaw muscles, but also tone the area under their neck in a few months. Had they used a higher quality mastic gum, they could have done it quicker and save some money.
Project Jawline Transformations
Of all the before and after photos on their site, none of them are particularly impressive. They all seem to be a results of shaving, jutting out the jaw or even just some minor weight loss.
A Project Jawline transformation photo from their website
SEE MORE: I collected some Project Jawline results photos I found in forums and put them all in one place 👇
Project Jawline Pricing
You can only buy Project Jawline from their official website. With the type of review they have... they wouldn't last 2 seconds on Amazon.
On their own website, they can control what reviews are shown and what to hide. More on that later...
1 container of their mastic crystals cost $30 – that should last about 1 month. Mastic gum isn't cheap so that's a reasonable price, though a little towards the expensive side.
Here's how they compare to the other top brands (adjusted for differing quantities):
- 🏆 STEEL – Mastic Gum = $23.95
- Greco Gum = $27.98
- Project Jawline = $29.99
- 💩 RockJaw Mastic Gum = $35.04
Mastic is 100% natural and so you're always going to get sticky pieces in any pack you buy.
Good suppliers try to filter out the softer pieces. But even then, around 10-20% will still be softer than the rest.
The batch I got from Project Jawline was about 50% low quality, sticky mastic gum. That's a lot higher percentage than every other supplier I've tried. Considering the quality of their gum – you could say they're really expensive.
What Do Customers Say About Project Jawline?
I'll focus on negative reviews and shortcomings of the product. Because I think that a great, safe product and pleasant customer service is what you should expect when you buy something. I assume that as the default.
✅ POSITIVE REVIEWS
- "The product was great. The chews are exactly as described and effective"
- "Order was a little delayed. But I understand."
❌ NEGATIVE REVIEWS
- "I would like to request a refund. This product is awful. The taste is terrible, and what isn’t stuck in my teeth is stuck on my hands from trying to remove it from my mouth. Total rip-off. Please refund full amount."
- "I have not receive any updates its been 2 weeks and they don't send any updates I tried emailing them but have not gotten a response"
- "Shipping took a long time. Once I received this item, I tried it for 3 days. Even though on the first day the crystals were stuck to my teeth. I tried putting them in the refrigerator as suggested and had the same issue. This did not work for me at all. I have sent a couple different emails, requesting a refund and wanting to send these back and can not get a response. So I would also say their customer service is lacking. These may work for others, but definitely did not for me."
Project Jawline is not available on Amazon.
A company's Trustpilot rating is their true rating. Because a Trustpilot rating can't be faked or manipulated – by anyone, no matter how much you pay.
I don't know how they do it... but their algorithms and systems make it impossible to mislead future customers.
A rating of 2.3 is as bad as it looks. 73% of all review are a 1 out of 5.
Project Jawline Trustpilot rating is 2.3 out of 5
Pros & Cons
- 🔥 It's Effective: Proejct Jawline is mastic gum, just like STEEL. It has many of the same benefits and it's very effective.
- 💪 Builds the Right Muscle: it builds the lower portion of the masseter muscle- the part you want to!
- 👨🎓 You Can Workout Anywhere, Anytime: chew while you're working, studying, driving or working out.
- 🥦 It's a Super Food: greco gum is mastic chewing gum and has all the benefits you'd expect.
- 👅 Doesn't Lose its Taste – Mastic never loses its fresh, cedar taste
- 🦴 Zero Joint Damage: no TMJ or stress on your joints.
- 🪨 Can Be Gritty: the main downside of Project Jawline is the quality of the mastic crystals. They contain small impurities, like grains of sand, which could damage your teeth.
- 💵 Expensive: for its quality, Project Jawline is kind of expensive. And that's before you factor in the high cost of shipping!
- 🚢 Slow Shipping: speaking of shipping, it's slow. It's not unusual for your package to take 2-3 weeks to arrive
- 🪵 Always Out-of-Stock: they don't seem to ever have much supply on hand.
- 📋 It Runs Out: mastic gum is re-usable so you can chew one piece of separate occasions. However, most people don't do that. Once you chew through your pack, you'll have to order more.
- 😋 The Taste Isn't For Everyone: Mastic has a fresh cedar flavor. But not everyone likes the taste. Most people's taste buds are used to the sweet mint flavors of regular gum
- 🗿 Awkward Container: you can't fit it in your pocket and take it with you... which is one of the greatest benefits of chewing gum as a jawline exerciser.
- ☎️ TERRIBLE Customer Service: once they've got your money they just stop caring. Don't expect a reply to your emails, or god forbid, a refund!
Project Jawline Alternatives
✅ Best Alternatives ✅
- 🥇 STEEL – Jawliners: these are the best molar-based jawline exercisers available today. They are both safe and effective. Start with the Beginner and move up to higher resistances as your jaw and face gets stronger.
- 🥈 STEEL – Mastic Gum: this is 10x harder than regular chewing gum. It's a 100% natural tree sap harvested on the Greek island of Chios. It's a convenient way to train your masseter muscles while you are working, driving, studying or doing anything for that matter.
- 🥉 STEEL – Jawline Gum: a mint flavored gum that has been created to be 15x harder than regular chewing gum. It's cheaper than mastic gum but loses its taste faster and doesn't come with the same health benefits.
READ MORE: the 3 best project jawline alternatives
🏁 CONCLUSION 🏁
I'm a big fan of mastic gum. I chew it every day. I love it as a jawline exerciser, appetite suppressant and even as a form of meditation. But not all mastic gum is the same.
Project Jawline's mastic was the most inconsistent I have tried. The ratio of hard to soft crystals was around 50:50. The best mastic brands are around 90:10.
Given that this brand is also expensive... I'd say your money is better spent elsewhere.
🍀 GOOD LUCK 🍀
P.S I've tested every jawline tool on the market. Here's the ones that work👇